Sharecare to Host Twitter Chat on Sleep
Follow the Conversation and Ask Questions with #yourbestrest on Twitter
ATLANTA, July 19, 2016 – Sharecare, a digital health and wellness engagement platform, will host a Twitter Chat about sleep on Thursday, July 21, from 12 to 3 p.m. ET. Using the hashtag #yourbestrest, medical experts from across the country will provide advice on how to master sleep.
According to Arianna Huffington, author of The Sleep Revolution, over 40% of Americans get less than the recommended minimum 7 hours of sleep per night. This #yourbestrest Twitter Chat will provide people – both adults and children – with information to better their sleep and improve their lifestyles by covering the following topics:
12-1 pm: “Importance of Sleep” Topics during this hour include a definition of the sleep stages, an explanation of REM, and the necessity of a healthy amount of sleep.
1-2 pm: “Sleep Habits” Topics during this hour include how to set a good sleep schedule and sleep routine, the effects that technology can have on sleep, and children’s sleep habits.
2-3 pm: “Sleep Conditions” Topics during this hour include sleeping disorders, anxiety and stress, and medications to help with sleep.
What: Twitter Chat on Sleep (#yourbestrest)
When: Thursday, July 21, 12 to 3 p.m. ET
Who: Hosted by @SharecareInc, featuring experts from:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, @eatright
- American Chiropractic Association, @ACAtoday
- American Society for Pain Management Nursing, @ASPMNLearns
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, @CastleConnolly
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), @CDCgov
- CDC National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, @NIOSH
- Dole Nutrition Institute, @DoleTweets
- DrGreene.com, @DrGreene
- Fit Mom Diet, @FitMomDiet
- First Candle, @FirstCandle
- Good in Bed, @GoodinBed
- HealthCorps, @HealthCorps
- International Bipolar Foundation, @IntlBipolar
- March of Dimes, @modhealthtalk
- National Association for Health and Fitness, @NAHFofficial
- Baptist Health South Florida, @BaptistHealthSF
- Columbia University Medical Center, @ColumbiaSurgery
- HCA Virginia, @hcavirginia
- Mercy Health, @MercyHealthWM
- The Mount Sinai Health System, @mountsinainyc
- UCLA Health, @UCLAHealth
How to Participate:
Submit your questions and comments on Twitter using the hashtag #yourbestrest through 3 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 21. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can post questions to Sharecare’s Facebook page, as well as follow the chat live on Sharecare.
Sharecare is a health and wellness engagement platform that provides people with personalized resources to help them live their healthiest lives. Nearly 45 million people have shared more than 5 billion data points about their health status and habits with Sharecare, which uses that information to create a comprehensive health profile allowing users to access all of their health resources in one place, and dynamically connect to the knowledge, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need. Created by Jeff Arnold and Dr. Mehmet Oz in 2010, Sharecare’s predictive and personalized platform is accessed daily by millions of consumers, including viewers of The Dr. Oz Show, patient populations of the country’s leading hospital systems and every Soldier in the United States Army.