ATLANTA, July 19, 2017 – Sharecare, the digital health company helping people manage all their health in one place, will host a Twitter chat about healthy sleep on Thursday, July 20, from 12 to 2 pm ET. Using the hashtag #SCsleepchat, Sharecare will facilitate the real-time conversation on Twitter, enabling the general public to ask questions related to sleep including tips on how to get the best sleep, and information about stress and sleep disorders.
Calling inadequate sleep a public health problem, the CDC reports that more than a third of American adults do not get the recommended seven or more hours of sleep per night. Additionally, an estimated 50 to 70 million U.S. adults struggle with sleep disorders.
This #SCsleepchat will provide people with information to better their sleep and improve their lifestyles by covering the following topics:
- 12-1 pm:Importance of Sleep – Topics during this hour include a definition of the sleep stages, an explanation of REM, the health benefits of the recommended amount of sleep as well as discussion about conditions such as sleeping disorders, anxiety and stress, and medications to help cope.
- 1-2 pm:Sleep Habits – Topics during this hour include how to set a good sleep schedule and sleep routine, the effects that technology can have on sleep, and children’s sleep habits.
Hosted by @SharecareInc, #SCsleepchat will feature experts from:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, @eatright; @eatrightPRO
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, @alzfdn
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM), @AADSMorg
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), @AASMOrg
- American Chiropractic Association, @ACAtoday
- American Society for Pain Management Nursing, @ASPMNLearns
- dLife –It’s YOUR Diabetes Life, @dLife
- HealthCorps, @HealthCorps
- International Bipolar Foundation, @IntlBipolar
- March of Dimes, @modhealthtalk; @nacersano; @nacersanobaby
- Baptist Health South Florida @BaptistHealthSF
To participate, submit your questions and comments on Twitter using the hashtag #SCsleepchat through 2 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 20. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can post questions to Sharecare’s Facebook page, or follow the chat live on Sharecare.
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.