Follow the Conversation and Ask Questions with #getmovingchat on Twitter
ATLANTA, September 20, 2016 – Sharecare, the digital health company helping people manage all their health in one place, will host a Twitter Chat on fitness and physical activity using the hashtag #getmovingchat on Thursday, September 22, from 12 to 3 p.m. ET.
According to the CDC, only one in five Americans meets the Physical Activity Guidelines requirements, and less than three out of every ten high schoolers gets at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day. Each hour of #getmovingchat, medical experts and health professionals from across the country will address the importance of fitness and physical activity, and provide tips on how to incorporate exercise into people’s daily lives.
12-1 pm: Breaking down the basics, from different types of exercises and workouts, what to eat before and after exercise, and cardio workouts versus strength training to the importance of stretching and how much exercise is optimal at each stage of life.
1-2 pm: Physical health benefits, such as cardiovascular health; bone, joint, and muscle strength; and a reduction in your RealAge.
2-3 pm: Mental health benefits, including stress reduction, memory improvements, and social interaction and support systems.
What: Twitter Chat on Fitness and Physical Activity (#getmovingchat)
When: Thursday, September 22, 12 to 3 p.m. ET
Who: Hosted by @SharecareInc, featuring experts from:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, @eatright; @kidseatright; @foodnutrimag; @eatrightPRO
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, @alzfdn
- Baptist Health South Florida, @BaptistHealthSF
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), @CDCgov
- CDC Obesity, @CDCObesity
- Columbia University Medical Center, @ColumbiaSurgery
- Dole Nutrition Institute, @DoleTweets
- Fit Mom Diet, @FitMomDiet
- Greenville Health System, @ghs_org
- HealthCorps, @HealthCorps
- HealthyWomen, @HealthyWomen
- Heather Mangieri, RDN, @NutritionCheck
- International Bipolar Foundation, @IntlBipolar
- International Health and Racquet Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), @IHRSA; @IHRSA_GetActive
- Jay Cardiello, @JayCardiello
- Jim White, RD, @JimWhiteFit
- Kyle Pease Foundation, @walkingwithkp
- March of Dimes, @modhealthtalk; @nacersano
- The Mount Sinai Health System, @mountsinainyc
- National Association for Health and Fitness (NAHF), @NAHFofficial
- National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA), @FibroAndPain
- Sharecare Advisory Board, @BarbaraFicarra; @PescetarianPlan; @RMillerMD
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, @spotsylvaniamed
- UCLA Health, @UCLAHealth
How to Participate:
Submit your questions and comments on Twitter using the hashtag #getmovingchat any time before 3 p.m. ET on Thursday, September 22. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can post questions to Sharecare’s Facebook page, as well as follow the chat live on Sharecare.
Sharecare is a health and wellness engagement solution providing people with personalized resources to help them live their healthiest lives. Nearly 40 million people have shared more than 5 billion data points about their health status and habits with Sharecare, which uses that information to create a comprehensive health profile allowing users to access all of their health resources in one place, and dynamically connect to the knowledge, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need.