Sharecare to Host Twitter Chat on Childhood Obesity
ATLANTA, September 20, 2017 – Sharecare, the digital health company helping people manage all their health in one place, will host a Twitter chat on childhood obesity using the hashtag #KeepKidsHealthy on Thursday, September 21, from 12 to 1 pm ET.
According to the CDC, childhood obesity has more than tripled since the 1970s, and today, one in five school-aged children (ages 6-19) has obesity. Children with obesity are at a greater risk of asthma, sleep apnea, bone and joint problems, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
During the hour-long #KeepKidsHealthy Twitter Chat, the general public is encouraged to ask questions on ways to help families and children make better food choices, and improve diet and exercise habits. In real-time, medical experts and health professionals from across the country will answer questions and provide tips and advice on encouraging the next generation of healthy young adults.
Hosted by @SharecareInc, #KeepKidsHealthy will feature experts from:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, @eatright; @eatrightPRO
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), @CDCgov
- Preventing Chronic Disease (CDC’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion), @CDCPCD
- The Community Guide, @CPSTF
- Dole Nutrition Institute, @DoleTweets
- HealthCorps, @HealthCorps
- HealthyWomen, @HealthyWomen
- International Health and Racquet Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), @IHRSA
- March of Dimes, @modhealthtalk; @nacersanobaby
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, @STTI
- UCLA Health, @UCLAHealth
To participate, submit your questions and comments on Twitter using the hashtag #KeepKidsHealthy through 1 p.m. ET on Thursday, September 21. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can post questions to Sharecare’s Facebook page, or follow the chat live on Sharecare.
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile, where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. With award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.