Special awards of distinction presented live on-stage at HLTH 2023 to GRAMMY Award-winning singer and philanthropist Ashanti for Lifetime Achievement and Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research as Foundation of the Year
ATLANTA – October 31, 2023 – Sharecare (Nasdaq: SHCR), the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place, has announced the complete list of winners of the 2023 Sharecare Awards, its annual awards program that recognizes best-in-class productions and programs that promote well-being and embody the spirit of “sharing care.”
Ranging from established health and media organizations to individual advocates making a difference, category winners in the 2023 Sharecare Awards are:
- Behavioral / Mental Health – Diveheart Foundation for Diving on the Autism Spectrum
- Caregiving / Home Health – Sue Varma, MD for Caregiving Extends to Helping Loved Ones Navigate Mental Illness
- Children’s Health – Adam Dorsay, PsyD, CPCC for Children & Grief
- Chronic Conditions – UC Davis MIND Institute for A Poem By Isa
- Disruptors in Healthcare – UC Davis Health forSearching for a Cure
- Health Activismn/ Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion – American Red Cross for Chris Ruffin Jr.’s Sickle Cell Story
- Health/Science: News – Judith Joseph, MD forConcerns Grow Over Online ADHD Diagnosis
- Health/Science: Program/Special – Inventi Media Group for Medical Stories: Bonded Hope
- Healthy Living – Special Olympics for School of Strength: Class is Now in Session
- Men’s Health – American Red Cross forTy and his Family’s Story After the Tornadoes
- Pet Health – Triune Integrative Medicine forThe Power of Horses for Healing
- Social Storyteller – Women Orthopaedic Global Outreach (WOGO) for WOGO Giving Tuesdsay Promo
- Women’s Health – Kistein Monkhouse for The Cost of Abortion Bans
Winners were selected from hundreds of entries across 13 categories by the competition’s esteemed Academy of Judges, comprised of renowned experts in health and media, and their juries. The winning entries were announced via Sharecare’s profiles on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, X/Twitter, and YouTube by notable health and well-being influencers and celebrity advocates, including: actor, comedian, and game show host Anthony Anderson; actress and comedian Yvette Nicole Brown; actress, author, and television personality Brooke Burke; dancer, model, and television host Cheryl Burke; CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta; Olympic gold medalist Scott Hamilton; television host Jesse Palmer; and NBA Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins, among others.
Additionally, for the first time since the inaugural competition in 2019, the Sharecare Awards culminated with an in-person event, which was held earlier this month in partnership with HLTH, the premier platform bringing together the entire health ecosystem. The following awards of distinction were conferred live on stage at HLTH 2023 in Las Vegas:
- Sharing Care Award – Cedrek McFadden, MD for We Are Never Alone
- Person of the Year Award – Joy Harden Bradford, PhD, clinical psychologist and founder of Therapy for Black Girls
- Outstanding Foundation Award – Rally Foundation for Childhood Cancer Research
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Ashanti, GRAMMY Award-winning singer, actress, and philanthropist
“Now surpassing half a decade of honoring the spirit of ‘sharing care,’ we’re inspired by the hundreds of applicants, finalists, and winners, whose best-in-class work over the years continues to sustain our renewed hope for a bright future,” said Donna Hill Howes, chief nursing officer of Sharecare. “We feel honored and privileged to elevate the winners of our fifth annual Sharecare Awards and are incredibly grateful to the sponsors who help us shine a light on these individuals and organizations making a difference.”
The Sharecare Awards are operated through the Sharecare Foundation, a nonprofit entity that Sharecare established in support of this awards program. The program also was made possible through the generous support of Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Delta Air Lines, Koning Corporation, Atlanta Hawks, Nationwide Pet, and UPS.
Content from category award winners and finalists, as well as more information about the Sharecare Awards, are available at sharecareawards.org.
Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people – no matter where they are in their health journey – unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by our philosophy that we are all together better, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.