ATLANTA (March 20, 2019) – Sharecare, the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place, has announced the recipients of its first-ever Sharecare Awards, which recognize excellence in health and wellness programming and productions. Sharecare Award winners were revealed on Thursday, March 14, 2019, at a celebratory event hosted by Dr. Mehmet Oz and Daphne Oz at the Atlanta History Center.
The category winners of the inaugural Sharecare Awards are:
- Behavioral Health (tie)
- “Debunking Depression: Harnessing Your Hardwired Nature to Be Happy” by Dr. Sue Varma and the MedCircle Team
- “Pip” by Southeastern Guide Dogs
- Caregiving/End of Life – “Defining Hope” by Carolyn Jones Productions
- Chronic Conditions – “This is Living With Cancer” by Pfizer
- Health Science: News – “Diabetic Sticker Shock” by WTEN
- Health Science: Program/Special – “The Gift of Mobility” by Women Orthopaedist Global Outreach
- Healthy Living – “Healthy Living Video Shorts” by the American Heart Association
- Innovation – “First-Ever Micro-Laparoscopic Hysterectomy” by Dignity Health Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
- Public & Community Health/Policy – “Angelica Hale for THE BIG ASK: THE BIG GIVE PSA” by the National Kidney Foundation
- Sexuality/Gender Identity – “Male Caregivers in Philadelphia” by the AARP
Finalists for the Sharecare Awards were selected by the Sharecare Awards Academy of Judges – a curated team of leading healthcare and media professionals with expertise in each of the competition categories. The Sharecare Award in each category was determined after a second round of judging by the deans of the Academy of Judges and a committee of additional experts.
“We proudly congratulate the extraordinary members in our first cohort of Sharecare Award winners and finalists, and are honored to celebrate their exceptional contributions to health and wellness,” said Donna Hill Howes, senior vice president, corporate partnerships, and chief nursing officer of Sharecare. “By recognizing such impactful bodies of work, we not only hope to drive innovative content and programming within health and wellbeing, but also ignite new passion dedicated to building healthier communities around the world.”
On March 14, five special Sharecare Awards also were conferred, including:
- Lifetime Achievement Award to acclaimed actress, producer, author, social activist and philanthropist Marlo Thomas for her nearly 30 years of charitable work at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital;
- Humanitarian Award (Individual) to renowned neurosurgeon and CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta;
- Humanitarian Award (Organization) to the American Red Cross;
- Founder’s Award to the Atlanta Police Foundation for its @Promise program, which provides the city’s at-risk youth with access to social support, mentorship, education, and personal and professional development opportunities; and
- Sharing Care Award – based on popular vote – to PlantPure Productions, LLC, for its video, “The Healing America Campaign: Chapter One.”
The Sharecare Awards is in association with The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, New York Chapter, which fosters creativity and inspires artistic and technical excellence through the renowned Emmy® Award. The Sharecare Awards is operated through the Sharecare Foundation, a nonprofit entity that Sharecare established solely in support of this awards program.
More information about the Sharecare Awards is available at https://sharecareawards.org.
Sharecare is the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. The Sharecare platform provides each person – no matter where they are in their health journey – with a comprehensive and personalized health profile where they can dynamically and easily connect to the information, evidence-based programs and health professionals they need to live their healthiest, happiest and most productive life. In addition to providing individual consumers with direct access to award-winning and innovative frictionless technologies, scientifically validated clinical protocols and best-in-class coaching tools, Sharecare also helps providers, employers and health plans effectively scale outcomes-based health and wellness solutions across their entire populations. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
Click here to download images from the inaugural Sharecare Awards.